Deadline: Thu, 11 Apr 2024 17:00:00 (Brussels local time)
Modification Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024
In order to best ensure equal treatment, successful stage 1 applicants do not receive the evaluation summary reports (ESRs) for their proposals, but this generalised feedback with information and tips for preparing the full proposal.
Information & tips
- The proposals should address all the individual sub-criteria in each appropriate section of the proposal (Excellence, Impact, Implementation). E.g., the state of the art should be clearly referenced, the methodology and – where relevant – the technical robustness of AI should be clearly described, the pathways to the expected outcomes and impacts, the scale and significance of project’s contributions to the expected outcomes, and all other aspects need to be addressed.
- Justify the extent of clinical testing involved. Explain how your proposal will prioritise measurable outcomes, focusing on saved lives and reduced animal use.
- Outline the practical steps and considerations integral to achieving the proposed objectives to demonstrate your implementation strategies.
- Multidisciplinary, social sciences and humanities (SSH) aspects must be duly considered and convincingly integrated in the methodology, particularly the harm and cost-benefit analysis. The SSH aspect is a cornerstone of this call.
- If your proposal contains clinical studies, please read carefully the definition and guidance on the template ‘Information on clinical studies’ published on the call page in the Participant Portal (Information on clinical studies (HE)) and remember to upload the template filled in when submitting your proposal.
- In stage 2 the eligible costs will take the form of a lump sum contribution as defined in the Decision of 7 July 2021 authorising the use of lump sum contributions under the Horizon Europe Programme. To get started, please read lump sum funding and the guide Lump sum funding – what do I need to know, with details on how to complete the Excel workbook. Recommended: Excel 2013 (Windows) / Excel 2016 (Mac OS) or more recent.
In your stage 2 proposal, you have a chance to address or clarify these issues.
Please bear in mind that your full proposal will now be evaluated more in-depth and possibly by a new group of external experts.
Please make sure that your full proposal is consistent with your short outline proposal. It may NOT differ substantially. The project must stay the same.